Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Marvelous Marble Refashion

This is one of those refashions of a refash. This dress was handmade by someone and thrifted by ME!
DSCN1485.JPG
As you can see, this does nothing for me…
DSCN1496
Onto the chopping block! I chopped off the length of the dress to make it a tunic.
DSCN1497
I hemmed the bottom of my tunic.
DSCN1499
It is hard to see the detail of the dress in the before picture but it had a diagonal flap of fabric across the chest. I used the scrap of fabric from the bottom of the dress to make another flap of fabric across the chest.
DSCN1500
Lastly, I made a cut down the middle of the neckline and folded the sides back to create a v-neck. I stitched that down. I also shortened the sleeves to just about the elbow and POOF!
A new tunic!
IMG_0757[921]
2018-13-03-21-03-44
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog

3 comments:

Sandy said...

amazing what the one extra flap does for the style!

Give the Cat a Name said...

good call on the extra layers, that really adds to the style.

I Can Work With That said...

This looks so much better as a tunic. It is modern and fresh, great job!
Chickie EOD